After years of fundraising, donations and charitable activities, Mercantile set up The Chestertons Foundation (Charity Number 1186541) in 2019 to allow it to allow it to expand these activities.
The aim of the Chestertons Foundation is to seek ways to involve staff and clients of the companies within the Mercantile Group to provide financial support to benefit other charities, community groups, schools, institutions and clubs located in communities in which the Group operates.
- The Foundation specifically aims to benefit:
- Children and young people
- The elderly
- People with disabilities
- Other charities or voluntary bodies
- The general public and wider society
Since 2019, the Foundation has managed to increase the range of charities that it supports to include:
- St Mungo’s
- The Passage
- The London Air Ambulance charity
- Trussel Trust Foodbanks: more than 10 Foodbanks used by vulnerable Londoners
- Rugby Portobello Trust
- Chelsea Physic Garden
- Hospitality for Heroes community interest group
- Sands End Adventure Playground in Action (SEAPIA)
Visit our Trustees page on our Chestertons Foundation Website.